Sony Pictures’ critically acclaimed Ghostbusters was arguably one of the best comedies of the summer and this fall, you’ll be able to bring it home on 4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray, and Digital HD.
Back in July, we caught word that director Paul Feig had completed work on an Extended Version of the film for the home video release and now, thanks to the Blu-ray cover art, we have confirmation on said cut. This Extended Version will add approximately 15 minutes of never-before-seen footage to the film, which should certainly up the ante for our heroines, played by Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones, & Kate McKinnon. Additionally, the cover art has revealed a nearly complete list of bonus content, which includes a ton of alternate & deleted scenes along with a gag reel and a handful of behind-the-scenes featurettes. Check out the list below:
• Extended Edition (133 minutes) & Theatrical Version (116 minutes)
• 2 Hysterically Haunting Gag Reels
• 4 Unearthed Deleted Scenes
• 11 Totally Possessed Alternate Scenes and more than 60 minutes of additional extended and alternate scenes with Ultraviolet download
• 6 Jokes-A-Plenty Alternate Take Reels
• 5 Supernatural Featurettes:
– Chris Hemsworth is ‘Kevin’
– The Ghosts of Ghostbusters
– Meet the Team
– Visual Effects: 30 Years Later
– Slime Time
• Filmmaker Commentaries
• Photo Gallery
Ghostbusters will arrive on 4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-ray, & Blu-ray on October 11.